Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Midterms for Spring 2010

Derp derp derp, been working on midterms stuff recently and a lot of animation projects, but I have a couple of doodles for you guys. Not too much sketching. :\



This little lady here will KILL YOUR DOG. And probably you.

I don't have a name for her yet, but she's a character I like to draw sometimes. This was the first idea I had for a sculpture project I've been working on in my Illustration Media class. We have to design a character and sculpt it out of armature wire, heavy duty aluminum foil, and SuperSculpy. We're eventually going to use them for compositions, I think. Anyhow, I wasn't entirely pleased with this composition. The pose in the sketch above depicts her personality pretty well, but I felt it wasn't active or dynamic enough for the project; I'm trying to push myself with her. Anyhow, she's now in a more interesting post, kind of accusatory. I do like the sketch, though, so maybe I'll do something more with it outside of the project. *shrug*

Just a doodle of my boyfriend and I, I dunno. I'm probably pointing at something shiny, or some shit. I've been messing with a sort of noodley style lately, and thought it might be something fun to draw during World Belief Systems (I listen better when my hands are preoccupied).

So yeah, it doesn't look like much, but I've been busy. I'm really hoping to do more in my free time, in the way of art. It helps me relax a little. I've been wanting to try something different than my usual art, recently, and I can't really pinpoint what exactly it is I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment